Application Modernization Services
Empower your app and propel your business with our legacy modernization expertise.
Who We Are
Cyfrania is an IT partner fully committed to managing the core tech of customers’ business.
With two decades in IT modernization services, we intimately know the hurdles of legacy systems and the risks in modernizing. We’re poised to offer your business the solutions it needs.
What We Do
Cyfrania offers full-scope legacy application modernization services for all business sizes.
We’re ready and adept at leveraging your existing tech stack without excessive code rewriting. Our vast industry experience equips us to solve your legacy issues and skillfully navigate your legacy software modernization risks.
Expert Code Audit
As a part of legacy software modernization, we identify technical issues within the app, rank their importance, and estimate the cost of repair. This covers:
- Outdated data and databases
- Technical causes of performance issues
- Outdated integrations with external services
- Obstacles to expanding functionality
- Compliance and security issues
Legacy Modernization Consulting
We assess app issues and business priorities, perform budget-aware options research, and offer expert advice on key decision-making aspects, including:
- Affordable modernization options
- Direct benefits expected
- Cost implications
- Associated risks
Database Cleanup, Conversion, and Migration
We clean up outdated data and modernize databases, that include:
- Restructuring databases for better performance
- Data processing and reporting optimization
- Infrastructure migration for better scalability
- External API creation for external access
- Critical data backups
- Systematic performance analysis
- Tech audit to prioritize root causes like obsolete data, processes, integrations, and structure defects
- Exploration of cost-effective measures
- App modernization under continuous performance monitoring
User Experience Redesign
We examine usability, including mobile and user-friendliness issues, and then research to understand:
- Client goals
- User expectations from competitor analysis
- User behavior analytics
- Client’s brand style
Following this, we revamp the UX/UI with updates centered on feedback.
Goal-Centric Legacy Application Modernization Service
We focus on selected problems prioritized by the customer that may include:
- Fixing security issues
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Enabling mobile or cross-platform compatibility
- Enabling specific integrations
- Extending functionalities
Specific-Approach Legacy Software Modernization Services
We use proven methods to solve key issues of legacy apps, such as inflexibility, inefficiency, and poor scalability. This may include:
- Cloud modernization services
- Monoliths into microservices splitting
- App re-architecting
- App containerization
- APIs creation
- Legacy refactoring and recoding
What Type of Apps We Modernize
Our modernization services cover:
- Web, mobile, cross-platform, and SaaS apps
- Server-based, cloud-based, on-premise, and hybrid apps
- Integrations and databases
- App infrastructure, architecture, and tech stack
Our Domain Expertise
We’re skilled in revamping small to large apps across different sectors.
Educational games, tutoring apps
Online stores, marketplaces
Pickup games apps, coaching apps
EHRs, telemedicine apps
Booking, guide apps
- Real Estate
Trading, budgeting platforms
Server Setup and Hosting
How We Address Your Risks
Cyfrania’s tested strategies adeptly navigate business concerns and risks while we modernize legacy applications.
Heading off the App Tech Change
Product owners often worry if outdated tech requires rewriting. Cyfrania adheres to the following tactics:
- Tech stack changes are often costly and unjustified
- First, we seek solutions within the existing tech
Averting the Over-Budget
Cyfrania believes in cost-effective modernization and in effective budget management. Here’s our tactics:
- We carefully choose affordable solutions
- We proactively and continually review costs to adjust plan as needed
Avoiding the Workflow Disruption
Cyfrania understands that app downtime risks business losses and user drop-off. Our tactics include:
- Implementing gradual changes, backups, and thorough testing
- Having a backup plan for emergency app recovery
Prohibiting the Critical Data Loss
In legacy systems, irreplaceable years-long critical business data is often stored. Cyfrania’s tactics include:
- Meticulously identification such data for backup
- Implementing safeguards and control during data transfer
Overcoming the User Resistance
Company staff and users often resist changes due to extra efforts required. Our tactics include:
- Utilizing all means to study user experience
- Continuously considering user feedback in planning changes
Cyfrania, not only a leading legacy software modernization company, but also dedicated to bringing these values to all our projects:
- Commitment: Deeply invested in customer’s goals
- Honesty: Transparency in every action
- Experience: 20+ years in diverse industries
- Quality Code: Standards for durable, easy-to-maintain apps
- Lasting Partnerships: Never compromising the future for short-term gains
How to Start?
Just fill out our contact form, and we’ll set up a call. Here’s our step-by-step service process.
We discuss with the customer app challenges, business objectives, and resource availability. Then, we conduct a code audit.
Exploration and Proposal
We assess available tech options, analyze their financial viability, and compile a proposal that specifies exact areas for modernization, and also associated risks, business gains, and expenditure.
We align priorities with the customer and plan specific measures on preventing downtime, data loss, and other business risks. Afterward, we agree on a modernization plan.
We execute the plan in small increments while constantly tracking resources spent and app performance, collecting feedback post each increment, adjusting plan as needed.
How do I know if I am using a legacy system?
You’re likely using a legacy system if it’s significantly outdated, struggles to interact with newer systems, faces increasing maintenance issues, lacks vendor support, doesn’t meet current security standards, and cannot efficiently support your business’s growing or evolving needs.
How legacy systems affect business?
Legacy systems can negatively impact businesses by causing operational inefficiencies, limiting integration with new technologies, increasing maintenance costs, posing security risks, restricting scalability and flexibility to adapt to market changes, and potentially leading to competitive disadvantages.
Why are legacy systems expensive?
Legacy systems are costly because they often require custom support and outdated skill sets, have inefficient operations leading to higher resource usage, need frequent repairs due to aged infrastructure, and face compatibility issues with modern technologies, necessitating expensive workarounds or integrations.
When should I replace my legacy system?
You should consider replacing your legacy system when it no longer meets business needs, incurs high maintenance costs, hampers productivity due to inefficiencies, cannot integrate with newer technologies, or fails to comply with current security and regulatory standards.
Why is it hard to replace legacy systems?
Replacing legacy systems is challenging due to their deep integration with critical business operations, potential data migration complexities, the need for retraining staff on new systems, potential compatibility issues with existing infrastructure, and the significant time and financial investment required for a smooth transition.
What are the risks involved in legacy modernization?
Legacy modernization involves risks such as potential data loss during migration, disruption to business operations, unexpected costs, challenges in adapting to new technologies, and the possibility of new system failures or incompatibilities with existing infrastructure.
What are the benefits of legacy modernization?
Legacy modernization offers several tangible benefits: it enhances system efficiency and performance, reduces maintenance costs, increases security and compliance with current standards, improves scalability for future growth, and enables integration with modern technologies, thereby boosting overall business agility and competitiveness.